This is a place for garden members to share information about the garden and general gardening hints as well as information on what to do with all the yummy things we grow.
The garden comprises around 50 allotments plus some communal areas and composting facilities.
The garden was established around 2004. It is part of the North Fitzroy Community Gardens Group (NFCGG) who aim to enhance the sustainability of the Fitzroy North community by:
- Respecting prior ownership of the land by Indigenous Australians.
- Maintaining an attractive urban space where people can grow plants predominantly for food and which is accessible to the local community to enjoy.
- Promoting sustainable organic gardening techniques.
- Fostering the sharing and development of a diversity of gardening skills.
- Managing the garden by consensus in an open, participatory and non-discriminatory manner.