We first opened in 2000 under the leadership of Bob Goodale. Naragebup was established as an education and resource facility for the community, to enable a greater understanding of environmental issues and sustainable lifestyle choices. Since then we’re continually developing in order to better meet the needs of our community and provide them with ideas for a sustainable future.
Naragebup receives no dedicated funding – our lifeblood is the people who regularly volunteer their time. We have over 150 voting members and have won numerous prestigious state and national awards for our efforts.
- Award winning Enviro-tech solar passive Lakeview Room (function room) – made from hay-bail construction
- Marine pond display
- Freshwater display tanks
- Undercover displays on
- Educational information resources
- On-site Activities: Organic vegetable gardens, low water use gardens, fauna friendly gardens, Bush tucker walk trail, Nature Walk Trail & nature play for kids.
- Functioning sustainability infrastructure: e.g. composting toilets, solar, chicken tractor system, composting, worm farms.
- Great infrastructure: Amphitheatre, lecture theatre, presentation tools.