Cittaslow Goolwa Community Garden aims to:
- have chemical-free garden standards
- increase access to fresh and nutritional locally grown produce
- improve the community’s ability to ‘grow their own’
- increase the community’s social capabilities
- allow a peaceful place for ‘time out’ from life’s pressures.
The community garden includes, community produce plots, individual plots, and extra high beds for any person using mobile transport. It also hosts a children’s garden which has the ability to support educational and nutrition programs run by local Schools, Childcare Centers, Playgroups, Health Service, local Youth offices, and Art Programs.
The group has been running since April 2008 and has made swift progress.
There is plenty of things to be involved in over many fields….not all green thumb related! You could lend your skills in areas of media publicity, photographic publications, grant application writing, or event planning.
If you, your business, or group may be interested in participating in the garden you can find us all there every Tuesday from 9:00am – 12noon, our regular working day.