In August 2012, under the leadership of Bobby Babin, our local community became involved in transforming the land around the church into a sustainable garden. Now, the garden has become a welcome addition to the neighbourhood, delighting passersby with its ever-changing landscape of greenery, colour and fragrance.
Some highlights include:
- Over 70 gardeners have participated (thank you!)We have 6 sponsors
- Regular communal gardening mornings are held at 8 am on Saturdays several times a year (contact Bobby to join the email list)
- There are over 100 plant varieties including a herb labyrinth, a fragrance grove, a citrus grove, a pumpkin patch, a passionfruit tunnel and an arbour trellis with wisteria
- We host a worm cafe and compost area.
- In 2013, 2014 and 2015 the garden was the first place winner in the North Sydney Council’s Sustainability Awards.
- In 2015, the North Sydney Council named it “Best Children’s Garden.”