Local Government documents
POLICIES ARE DOCUMENTS that make community gardens happen. They enable local government to accept applications for assistance by community gardening groups, to assess these and identify what assistance council can offer.
Community gardeners adopt policies and guidelines to make gardening convivial and enjoyable and to manage their gardens effectively.
Presented here are links to local government policy documents as well as to other documents that local government and community gardeners have adopted.
Local government, institutional and state government staff are invited to contact the Australian City Farms & Community Gardens Network regional contacts to discuss matters of policy and practice. In some cases, Network contacts are available to make presentations to council and other organisations on matters of policy, practice and organisation around community gardening and associated community food systems.
Links to council documents
- City of Sydney community garden listing and community garden guide
- Inner West Council, Sydney information
- Georges River Council — Community garden information
- Randwick City Council Policy on Community Gardening: visit Randwick Council’s website to download PDF
- Woollahra Council Community Garden Policy: visit Woollahra Council’s website to find out more
- Ballina Shire Council Community Garden Policy: visit Ballina Council’s website to download the PDF
- Bayside Council’s Community Garden Policy: visit the Council’s website to download the PDF.