ACFCGN annual general meeting — 16 October 2018
The AGM is your opportunity to learn more about our amazing national community garden movement. It also is an opportunity to play a formal role in ACFCGN by standing for a committee position.
WHEN: Tuesday 16 October 2018 — 8-9pm
WHERE: The teleconference will be held via ZOOM at 7:55pm ESDT for a 8:00pm start.
NOTE: Be aware daylight saving will be happening on the east coast.
- First Nations’ acknowledgement and welcome to attendees
- appointment of chair
- approve minutes of previous AGM 2017
- Presidents report (download as a pdf document)
- Treasurers Report (download as a pdf document)
- Membership Report
- election of office bearers
- appointment of a returning officer
- committee members positions declared vacant
- nomination and election of new committee.
- President — facilitates committee meetings
- Vice President — facilitates committee meetings in the Presidents absence
- Secretary — maintains the register of members, keeps custody of the common seal, provides members with access to the register of members, minutes general meetings and other books and documents
- Treasurer — manages payments and receipts of moneys and issues receipts, keep financial records and prepare financial statement prior to AGM
- Media Liaison Officer — liaise with media when needed
- Membership Secretary — manages online membership system
- each state/territory has one representative who are part of the committee — being a state representative is a great way to feel out the workings of the organisation prior to taking on one of the positions mentioned above. Some of the tasks might involve organising a state support team to help organise regional gatherings and help support local community gardens if possible.
Our 2017-18 committee
- President — John McBain (WA)
- Vice President — Naomi Lacey (NT)
- Secretary — Joel Orchard (NSW)
- Treasurer — John Brisbin (QLD)
- Media liaison — Russ Grayson (NSW)
- Membership secretary — Jane Mowbray (NSW)
- QLD — Damien Gillett
- NSW — Vacant
- NT — Vacant
- SA — Christy Spiers (support team Alex Miller)
- TAS — Jo Dean
- VIC — Lorna Martin (support team Peta Christensen and Merrin Layden)
- WA — Anthony Rudolf.
View photos and bio of 2017/18 team.
You can view more details about ACFCGN by downloading our Rules of Association.
We are also seeking people with skills and experience in:
- liaison with the media and compiling media releases when needed and helping with social media
- website support volunteer to help with our WordPress website and social media.
How can I nominate someone or myself onto the committee?
To participate in the AGM and/or stand for a position, you must be a financial member (other than an associate member ie a funded or unfunded garden member) of ACFCGN.
You are entitled to vote if:
- you are a member other than an associate member (ie. unfunded or funded garden member)
- more than 10 business days have passed since you have become a member of the association
- your membership rights have not been suspended for any reason.
If you are not financial, you can renew your membership by logging into the website with your username and password and visit the RENEW page.
Interested in voting but can’t make it to the meeting?
If you can’t make it to the AGM, complete the proxy voting form to have someone vote on your behalf. Your proxy must be a financial full member of ACFCGN to vote on your behalf.
Return your completed Proxy Form to ACFCGN’s secretary, Joel Orchard, by 8:00pm, Monday 15 October 2018.
** not linked** Download ACFCGN Proxy Form — AGM 2018 (Word doc 76kB)
Need more information?
If you have any queries please contact John McBain: firstname.lastname@example.org